Introduction- The founder of Amazon, Jeff Bezos is in the second position on the list of richest persons in the world. At present he is the Executive Chairman of the company. Jeff is multi-passionate and worked in many fields. He is the owner of America’s multinational technology company Amazon, a thriving businessman, investor, computer engineer, and commercial astronaut. In this article, we will explore his journey toward becoming a billionaire.
Early Life: Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico on 12th January 1964, Jeff Bezos’s full name is Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen. He is the son of Jacklyn and Theodore Jørgensen. After his parents’ divorce, her mother married Cuban immigrant Miguel “Mike” Bezos in April 1968. His new father adopted him legally and Jeff’s surname changed from Jorgensen to Bezos. Jazz was raised in Miami and Houston. He got his bachelor’s degree from Princeton University in electrical engineering and computer science. In 1993, Jeff married Mackenzie Tuttle and after marriage in 1994, they settle in Seattle, Washington. Jeff and Mackenzie have four children. In April 2019 they both divorced
- After graduating from college in 1986, Jeff was offered jobs at Intel, Bell Labs, Andersen Consulting, and many other companies.
- Jeff’s first job was at Fitel and his job was to build a network for international trade. Bezos got promotion as ahead of development and director of customer service.
- From 1988 to 1990, he worked with Bankers Trust.
- After this, he joined D.E. Shaw & Co. and worked as a senior vice-president of the company.
- In 1994 he and his wife both left their jobs and implemented their idea of opening an online book store. They opened it in Bellevue. As an office, he took a garage on rent.
- Amazon has played a huge role in the success of Bezos. Amazon started as a small online book store but today it has become one of the largest retailers in the world.
- He extended his company by moving into selling even more products like CDs, toys, and electronics. Today it is the biggest e-commerce company in the world that deals in all types of goods/things. It has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”, and is one of the world’s most valuable brands.
- Amazon launched many products and services like Amazon Kindle, Amazon Fire Kindle, Prime Video, Amazon Music, Fire TV, Amazon Alexa, and more. All these were recognized worldwide.
- Jeff continues his journey toward success by investing in/ launching other ventures some of which are The Washington Post, a daily newspaper published in Washington, founded an aerospace company called Blue Origin, and is building a 10,000-year clock. 10,000 Year Clock.
- Bezos served Amazon as CEO for many years but left this position in 2021. Now he is serving as Amazon’s Executive Chairman.
- Bezos was honored and recognized for his achievements and success from time to time.
Net Worth: In every business venture, Jeff Bezos put his all effort and gets a good return. Today his estimated net worth is $132.8 billion making him the second wealthiest person in the world.