Mark Cuban: Another famous on the list of self-made millionaires is Mark Cuban. He is the owner of the Magnolia Pictures and the Dallas Mavericks, basketball team. Without a doubt, he is known as the biggest shark on the ABC Shark Tank.
Family and Education: Mark is an investor and a famous TV personality. He was born on 31st July 1951 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. His parents’ names are Norton and Shirley. Mark has been very sincere toward his work. From his childhood, he was very fond of basketball, and to buy a pair of shoes of basketball he sold garbage bags for it. At that time his age was 12.
His education is from the University of Pittsburgh and Indiana University. At Kelley School of Business, he earned a management degree in the year 1981. He is married to Tiffany Stewart and they have three children. At present, Mark lives in Dallas, Texas.
Career: Being a successful entrepreneur he established various businesses. Some of which are listed below:
- Mark is active as a businessman from a very young age. His first business pursuit was of selling garbage bags when he was just 12 years old.
- After this, he sold stamps and coins and then delivered newspapers at the age of 16 years.
- He continued this journey during his college days too. He runs a bar, dance class, etc. at that time.
- Just after completing his college education, he joined Mellon bank.
- In 1982, he worked as a bartender and Software salesman.
- He started Micro solutions, a software selling company, and earned well from there. In 1990, he sold it to CompuServe for $6 million.
- His next venture was Audionet which was renamed Broadcast.com. In 1999, Yahoo bought it for $5.7 million.
- Mark founded 2929 Entertainment and bought a leading specialized theater brand named Landmark Theaters.
- In 2000, he purchased a majority stake in Dallas Maverick.
- Mark invested in many startups and in 2011, he was invited to the series show Shark Tank on ABC. There he made investments in various ventures likeTen Thirty-One productions, etc.
- Along with all this, he invested in various media companies. He has invested in many crypto-related companies too. He has put some of his money into cryptocurrency.
Mark’s Net Worth: Cuban has seen the time of wins and losses both during his working period. He made profits from his startups. Today he is a renowned entrepreneur, investor, and millionaire who has made a remarkable position in the industry. He sold some of his ventures and still holds many too. He is still the owner of Dallas Mavericks, 2929 Entertainment, and his all media firms. From all these resources he has a total net worth of $ 4.7 million.