Jack Dorsey’s short Introduction: Jack Dorsey is known as one of the co-founders of Twitter. He is a technology entrepreneur by profession and retired in 2021 from the post of Twitter’s Chief Executive Officer. Dorsey is counted in the list of Billionaires.
Family, Education, Relationship: Jack Dorsey was born on 19th November 1976 in St. Louis in the State of Missouri. He was born to Tim Dorsey and Maria Dorsey. He is a part of both Irish descent and Italian descent. His mother was a homemaker while his father worked in a company.
He went to Bishop DuBourg High School which is a Roman Catholic high school in Missouri. In 1995 he enrolled at the University of Missouri–Rolla and joined New York University in 1997. While studying at NYU he took the initiative which evolved into Twitter.
There is not much information available about his love relationship. He had been in a relationship with Kate Greer, a fellow entrepreneur, blogger, and artist. But today they are no longer together.
Career: Dorsey is very dedicated to his passion. From an early age, he keeps doing a variety of things. Some of which are listed below:
- Dorsey worked as a Fashion Model during his school days.
- At the age of 14, he became interested in dispatch routing. Taxicab uses its many open-source software created by him.
- Dorsey started his own company Oakland in 2001. It dispatches couriers, taxis, and emergency services from the Web.
- Inspired by AQL Instant Messenger and Live journal he got the idea to create a real-time internet status and short message communication system. Dorsey and Biz Stone both worked on this idea and in two weeks they formed a rough prototype of Twitter. This caught the attention of two other founders of this startup named Evans Willims and Noah Glass.
- Evan, Noah, Dorsey, and Biz Stone all four co-founded Twitter and Dorsey was appointed as the company’s CEO. From 2006 to 2008 he served Twitter successfully and in 2008 he decided to take a break to follow his passion for Yoga and Fashion design.
- In 2009 Dorsey co-founded a cash payment app named Square which is a mobile payments company that provides credit card processing devices and platforms. This app launched in 2010 and Dorsey operated it as its head. This app is one of the most popular cash payment apps.
- Dorsey continue his journey with Twitter in 2015 and resigned from the CEO job role in November 2021. Dorsey is replaced by Twitter’s former CTO Parag Aggarwal. Parag is the new CEO of Twitter.
- Dorsey is still a member of the board of directors of Twitter. Around worth $850 million value stake is still in his hands.
- Also, he is continuing to lead Block Inc. as CEO of the company. Here Block Inc. is the rebranding Square Inc. on December 1, 2021. The name Block Inc. is influenced by Jack Dorsey’s interest in blockchain technology. These days he is focusing on Bitcoin.
Net Worth: Dorsey is not just an entrepreneur but also a contributor to society. He believes in giving back to society, so he contributes to various charity works. During Covid-19 he donates around $1billion. His entrepreneurship and being the head of his startups and investments in Bitcoin return him a good profit from all income resources. Today, his total net worth is $12 billion.